Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityHelp with keeping in tune..Help with keeping in tune..
Previous

Next
New Post
2/23/2003 3:14 AM

I play a Squier Strat that is not suppossed to stay in tune especially when I use the tremelo bar. I stretech my strings well and always use the same size strings that came with the guitar so I don't ruin the nut. My strings are almost always in tune when I check them with the electronic tuner. I highly recomend stretching your strings by putting your thumb under the string and pulling away from the guitar and then retuning to the note. Keep doing this until the string stays in tune. Do this for every string. It works for me and I have been told that the only problem with my guitar is that it has bad tuners. (My squier is mexican made with all stadard strat parts except for the 24 fret neck and the tuners).

Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker|Mexican Made Squier Strat by Fender for Slide|3 Acoustics|Digitech RPX400 Modeling Processor/Effects|2 Marshal Amps
Rob

New Post
2/23/2003 5:57 PM

Yeah, well...my guitar seems to be notorious for getting out of tune :P
I think the tuners are a bit on the easy to "strip" side of things...I may end up getting some locking tuners for em.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityHelp with keeping in tune..Help with keeping in tune..

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement