Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityJust starting out...Help!Just starting out...Help!
Previous

Next
New Post
11/26/2002 10:24 AM

Okay..so I am 28 years old and told myself years ago that before I die I want to learn to play the guitar. Not just learn but be great at it! I am an advanced saxaphonist. I can pick up a flute, clarinet and trumput and play with no problems. I asked my husband for a guitar for Christmas..so I am asking you what would be the best guitar for me to get. I am the kind of person who can teach myself anything. I have been reading up on the chords and just can't wait to get a guitar in my hands!!! So please, anyone, what would you suggest to get me started. Brand? Any advice would be great! Thank you!

You only live once so...rock on!

New Post
11/26/2002 10:32 AM

You should first decide what kind of music you want to play, acoustic or electric guitar music. What kind of guitars does your favorite artists play, acoustic or electric?

Next, you should have a budget in mind. Beginner guitars can range in price from $200 to $400.

- Lyle

New Post
11/26/2002 10:41 AM

I think for a beginner an acoustic guitar with nylon strings will be the best choice. In first place they are cheaper and donĀ“t bother your fingers as much as metal strings. Once you advance in your practice you can think in a second guitar depending on your favorite style.

Luck!

Leunam

lalu

New Post
11/27/2002 2:15 AM

I was going for the acoustic. So you think nylon instead of steel strings?

You only live once so...rock on!

New Post
11/30/2002 2:38 PM

April, it depends on the size of your hands. Classical (nylon) guitar necks are wider.

Michael J

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityJust starting out...Help!Just starting out...Help!

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement