Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityJust starting out...Help!Just starting out...Help!
Previous

Next
New Post
12/30/2002 11:52 AM

I started on a steel with very narrow neck but my teacher said I need to get Classical Nylon. Never did but I put electric .009 on my acoustic. Talk about bending and easy on the fingers.LOL. Never did have probs with my fingers and alot of the class wanted steel after playing mine. I have a nylon that I like using for a different latin sound . Listen to the TEACHER. He is "THE TEACHER"! He knows best! You need to find out what type of music you want to learn and go from there.

New Post
12/30/2002 6:39 PM

I may not know much about anything when it comes to guitar playing, I've only been playing a few years...but..I think starting with an acoustic, irregardless of the kind of music you want to play...is generally the best place to start. I started with an electric with a wide neck and it really limited my touch on the strings. I now have a pretty light touch which doesn't always get me where I want to go, so to speak. Just a thought :), if you can only get the sounds you REALLY love out of an electric (Electric blues, Metal, etc..) Then I guess ya gotta go with what moves ya.
Jalle

New Post
12/30/2002 8:46 PM

It's past christmas so did ya get your guitar? If so what did ya get?

New Post
1/2/2003 11:21 AM

I mostly practice on the acoustic for warm ups, practice, whatever. This conditions my hand for more strength, making the electric much easier and more sensative on touch.

Michael J

New Post
1/3/2003 5:30 AM

I did get my guitar!!! An Ever Green six steel string acoustic!! I am so loving it! Bear in mind I am teaching myself from the beginning so I got the basic string notes down and some chords!! I played jingle bells for everyone on Christmas!! I was so proud!! lol

You only live once so...rock on!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityJust starting out...Help!Just starting out...Help!

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement