Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRecordingRecording
Previous

Next
New Post
5/23/2003 9:14 AM

My hat goes off to you riff interactive guys. I've been very impressed with the quality of recording for the samples/lessons. What do you use? And how can I do some recording of my own from my bedroom?

"If you dont mind me saying, you have a lovely house"

New Post
5/23/2003 10:24 AM

Thanks I use a software program called ACID Pro 4.0 to make the lesson samples and jam track/loops. I have a soundcard called Audigy 2. I start off recording everything at 48,000 Hz, 24 bit Stereo for high quality sound, then bump down the resolution when needed. I'll use Sound Forge 6.0 for any audio editing.

You basicaly need a computer, soundcard, audio multi-track program, very small mixer to plug a mic into or your guitar pre-amp(output of mixer goes to the input of your soundcard, and away you go.

There are many audio multi-track programs out there, many companies have demo programs you can download for a free trial. They all do pretty much the same thing, you just have to find one that you like the interface and setup/funtionality and ease of use.

New Post
5/24/2003 7:41 AM

Thanks Lyle, what about Microphones? Is there one that you'd recommend?

New Post
5/24/2003 1:16 PM

Shure SM57 is a basic all around mic for electric guitar, SM58 for vocals. Both are inexpensive Many other models and prices to choose from.

New Post
6/11/2003 5:43 AM

Thanks.

What volume do you turn your amp up to when recording?

Problem is this: I have the amp low and it sounds really bad when recording...too high and I will be in trouble with the neighbours...arg

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRecordingRecording

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement