Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRecordingRecording
Previous

Next
New Post
6/11/2003 8:54 AM

I don't use an amp for recording, it's a pre-amp. The output of the pre-amp goes direct to the soundcard of the pc, then out to the power amp and studio monitors for the pc. It doesn't matter what volume I play at, it always sounds the same, good.

New Post
6/11/2003 9:34 AM

You could use an iso booth. I seen a homemade one once, but here is a manufactured one:
iso booth

New Post
6/12/2003 8:24 AM

Yeah, Buddy.

My wife would love one of those bad boys in the living room. Not bad for vocals, but you aren't going to get much ambience in such a small space.

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

New Post
1/29/2004 12:02 PM

I was wondering about the recording part, so you need a pre-amp (what is exactly is that and how much to get a low end one?) and you plug your regular guitar cable into that and the pre-amp goes out to your sound-card line-in with the small cords that fit the computer inputs?

Also has anyone tried pro-tools free program, I was going to download it but it doesn't work on windowsXP. I understand if you partition your hard drive you can use it but I'm afraid I'll destroy something.

New Post
3/31/2004 5:10 AM

hutz13,

I use the LINE6 POD as my preamp, this might be a little on the expensive side. I'll tell you that this little jewel is well worth it tho! I swear by it. As for pro-tools, I've tried it and don't like it for what I do. Your computer has to be set-up just right for that program. You have to go through and change all kinds of settings and deletion of .dll files, .exe files etc. If you like your home computer, don't put Pro Tools on it or your gonna have troubles my friend. I'm sure Pro- Tools is a great software program when it's pre-loaded by professionals that work in recording studios. As for ACID... I love it and the interface is much more user friendly. Plus you can upload your songs to Acid Planet and have the world take a listen.

Riffmaster

http://groups.msn.com/GuitarPage

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunityRecordingRecording

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement