Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysound cards?sound cards?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/22/2003 5:37 PM

I am trying to get my computer set up so I can get a few lessons, I am running windows xp and a Boss BR-8 That I use alot. As for hooking up my BR-8 to my computer all I need is a line in and line out or a MIDI port. Can anyone tell me what to look for or what to stay away from when looking for a sound card?

play hard play fast and play often

New Post
7/22/2003 5:58 PM

A MIDI port would be cool if the BR-8 could connect to it. If so, it may allow you to modify the settings from the computer. Problem is - I don't thing many sound cards have MIDI ports anymore... do they? At least the cheap ones don't.

I'm not sure what the line in and line out would buy you.

They should make the devices with USB now instead of MIDI. I think some do.

New Post
7/22/2003 7:55 PM

You don't need any special soundcard to use Riff Interactive guitar lessons. As long as you can hear what we're doing, you're fine. If you're talking about doing live private lessons with Riff Interactive technology and Microsoft NetMeeting, you only need a fast Internet connetction, a web cam with mic, and almost any soundcard.
The soundcard I use is the Audigy 2 by Creative. It works and sounds good. I have a small Mackie line mixer between my synths, mics, and guitar pre-amp, and the stereo line in of the sound card. The out of the soundcard goes to a stereo reference amplifier to the studio monitors for hi-fi playback. No sense in having a nice sound card if you are using cheap power and speakers.

New Post
7/25/2003 3:33 PM

Thanks for the replys,everything I have read about the Audigy 2 has been good.I ordered one today.still looking around for a good web cam.

play hard play fast and play often

Previous

Next
HomeHomeTeachersTeachersCommunityCommunitysound cards?sound cards?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement