Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...RiffLick CrashesRiffLick Crashes
Previous

Next
New Post
7/12/2005 5:48 AM

I just bought a CD and can't use it. RiffLick crashes IE 6.0.2900 (latest ver.) in Win XP SP2. RiffLick itself loads fine in FireFox 1.0.4 (latest ver.), but I can't get the Quicktime vids to play.

Any ideas for fixing RL in IE or QT in Firefox?

New Post
7/12/2005 7:26 AM

Further info:

If I just let the CD load, I get the following error when I try to go into a lesson: "Riff Interactive Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I open "introduction.htm" in IE and then go to a lesson, I get the following error: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close. The following add-on was running when this problem occured: wavetab.ocx"

New Post
7/12/2005 7:34 AM

RESOLVED

The control that ships with the CD was the problem. The newest version from the "free download" link on the website fixes the issue. I didn't realize it had installed an old version from the CD.

New Post
7/12/2005 7:36 AM

On the floor of Tokyo
Or down in London town to go, go
With the record selection
With the mirror reflection
I'm dancing with myself

When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

New Post
7/13/2005 1:59 PM

Our software and lessons don't work with Firefox or Quicktime as far as we know. They are designed for Internet Explorer and the Windows Media Player.

In any case, it looks like some virus-scanning software causes a problem with the installation of our browser plugin. We don't know exactly which virus software or version does it, but we have a new version of the software that should solve the problem if you download it from our site (which you already have).

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. In the future, please use the 'support' link on our front page for help.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...RiffLick CrashesRiffLick Crashes

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement