Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...DRM License issueDRM License issue
Previous

Next
New Post
9/10/2007 5:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ADMIN:SteveR on 08 June 2007
Dan's problem was setting up the license on one computer, but downloading the lesson files to another computer. It has become somewhat of a common problem and we are addressing it in a new version of the RiffWorkspace application.

The solution is to have the lesson download take place from within the RiffWorkspace application. Similar to iTunes, Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, Napster, Zune... and pretty much all music download software.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Well I can tell nothing has been fixed yet.

The DRM scheme is flawed. I seem to have my share of problems with this new format.

I think you guys need to go back to the drawing board.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

New Post
9/13/2007 11:38 AM

We just released a new version of the Riff Workspace software that will retrieve the license and download the lessons. Now it works similar to iTunes, Rhapsody, etc.

We have a new installation and directions page also:
http://www.riffinteractive.com/catalog/help.asp

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
1/7/2008 10:08 AM

Can the SDHC memory cards (supporting DRM program software) be used with Riffinteractive?
It seems like a good bet on portability without pirating problems.
I think it might eliminate the two computer issue you mentioned earlier about licensing.

Jim

JimiRod

New Post
1/10/2008 2:02 AM

any plans to make it Mac compatible down the line? I shifted to mac when I did some recording on my PC and got sick of windows going off for 3 seconds in the middle of a take to do its own thing, so I went the way of the mac and never looked back... apart from the DRM thing.

New Post
1/12/2008 8:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jimirod on 07 January 2008
Can the SDHC memory cards (supporting DRM program software) be used with Riffinteractive?
It seems like a good bet on portability without pirating problems.
I think it might eliminate the two computer issue you mentioned earlier about licensing.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I think you meant the "TrustedFlash" cards? SDHC is just a high-capacity SD card.

I can't find much information about the TrustedFlash cards. It was announced in May, 2007, but hasn't become a reality yet as far as I can discover.

If they do exist, then they might just work with our lessons as is. If not, I can't find much more information on how they work at this time. It would be something we would like to incorporate.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...DRM License issueDRM License issue

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement