Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...CD-ROM Lesson ReviewsCD-ROM Lesson Reviews
Previous

Next
New Post
4/17/2003 8:34 AM

Perhaps there should be a section for CD-ROM lesson reviews. This won't be an full review but is more of an overview.

I just got the SRV and Modes CD-ROMs. I haven't yet looked at the Modes one yet, but I did take a gander at the SRV one. I will begin by saying that I do recommend it, which is a good start.

It consisted of 4 lessons presented by Michael Johnson. The lessons are (1) SRV Licks, (2) SRV Double-Stop Licks, (3) Lick/Run Combinations, and (4) Playing over a Progression. The lessons were presented in 2001, so improvements in some of the more recent lessons have been made since then.

Michael gives tips on how to play the licks and runs while also providing alternative fingerings and approaches, which was helpful.

I went through the first segment fastidiously then rushed through the next 3 segments, knowing I would be returning to foucus more time on them in the days to come.

This CD-ROM focuses on the stylings of SRV rather than a particular song, which is also nice. If someone gets this stuff down as a base, s/he can (and should) request a private lesson in order to learn a specific piece.

I enjoy what I have seen here at Riff Interactive. I will provide feedback on the Modes CD-ROM when I get a chance to play it.

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...CD-ROM Lesson ReviewsCD-ROM Lesson Reviews

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement