Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Loop Points in Backing TracksLoop Points in Backing Tracks
Previous

Next
New Post
1/1/2004 4:23 PM

In September 2003 the Software for RI changed (e.g., tan background) and since that time, the backing tracks can not be smoothly looped, particularly for the Lyle Ronglien Smooth Jazz and Funk series. Can this problem be fixed? Is this unique to my computer / set up? Support responded once before when I flagged this in a session but it did not fix the problem. I have also e-mailed support in November but did not get a response. If I purchase future CDs (which I have bouhgt several in the past) will this continue to be a problem? It seems that anything after September 2003 doesn't work.

Thank you for your repsonse. I really do enjoy this software but as it is now it is essentially unusable.    

New Post
1/6/2004 9:59 AM

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been trying this on multiple computers to see if I can reproduce the problem.

When Microsoft release Windows Media Player 9, it no longer looped smoothly. We fixed the problem by using our own software to play the looping audio clips, and it gave the added benefit of being able to slow down the speed of the audio without changing the pitch.

But we needed to update our software to make this work properly. A previous version of our software wouldn't loop with these jam tracks, or if it did, it wouldn't loop smoothly. If you right-click on the notation window of a lesson and select "About...", it should bring up a box with the version of the softare. It should say version 2,0,0,131 to loop smoothly.

Please let me know if you didn't have the right version and if updating fixed the problem.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
1/6/2004 1:28 PM

Hello,
It says version 2,0,0,131 but it still stutters at the loop point. The length of time of the stutter also varies, somtimes if you let it run about 10 minutes it almost smooths out. Should I update my Windows Media Player? I think I'll try that and let you know. Thank you for getting back with me.    

New Post
1/6/2004 1:50 PM

I installed Windows media Player 9.0 and still the same result :-(

New Post
1/11/2004 6:07 AM

I found a solution. The computer media settings were set to use Guitar Port output for play back, when setting back to the AC97 sound card in the computer, it loops fine.
The AC97 card has a very noisey background, if you know an easy fix to go back to the Guitar Port Output with RI that would be good, other wise, I'll continue to use the AC97 for RI and use the GP otherwise.
I'm pretty sure there was a long period where the GP and RI worked togerher but something changed aorund September 2003.
Thanks for checking, your repsonse, and the RI site, it is a really cool product.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Loop Points in Backing TracksLoop Points in Backing Tracks

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement