Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Christian songsChristian songs
Previous

Next
New Post
11/20/2004 3:35 PM

I would like to see a cd on christian songs.I've got about 6 or so of your cd's and there is'nt any on christian music you know like your basic amazing grace and some of the other hyms.you know this could open a whole knew market for you I don't think anyone has a cd out!!!!!!!!!!

New Post
11/21/2004 12:39 PM

I think guitar instruction is the same for Christian music as any other. There are a lot of great sites for tabs and chord charts.
Try Christian Guitar Resources, rockin with the cross, and guitar hymns.
I play only Christian music and I have benifited with Lyle's understanding modes, Funk and smooth jazz CD's

saxcop

New Post
11/22/2004 5:50 PM

We haven't had too many requests for christian music in particular. Can you recommend any guitar teachers in this area?

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
11/24/2004 6:22 AM

If you were to listen to popular Christian music, you would find that it is just Rock with Christian Lyrics.
Then there is the acoustic based worship stuff.

My personal opinion is that most Christian artists started doing worship at church, with an acoustic guitar. They really aren't the best lead rock guitar players. Even the big names in Christian rock (ex. Third Day) dont have very inspiring guitarists.

So I dont see any CD market for "In the style of(insert your favorite Christian artist)"

What I do see a market for is acoustic based and finger style teaching. Knowing that I needed to improve on that myself for my own worship band, I studied the above titles I previously posted.

saxcop

New Post
1/5/2005 1:35 AM

Hello,

I also would love to see some lessons on Christian music. I did come across a slide version of Amazing Grace from the Slide Guitar II/Open Tunings CD. I ordered it and am anxiously awaiting it.

Maybe if we could get enough interest, we could get one of the instructors to do a complete series of lessons and have it released on CD?

If you happen to find any good material on the topic of Christian music, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Christian songsChristian songs

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement