Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...My Rant about the new formatMy Rant about the new format
Previous

Next
New Post
5/5/2007 6:32 AM

What ever scheme used to protect your products are more of a nusance.

I bought another file and for some reason it would not open up on the computer I use for RI files. I downloaded it on another computer (did not open the file) and transferred it to my other system and it would not open it up. It told me I needed to get a license. Duh! I did.
But it opens up on the computer I downloaded it.

This has become a nusance. I've bought plenty of RI products in the past but now it's going to decline. Your authorization needs a lot of improvement. It sucks when it's those who purchase a product have to be punish for that acts of those who don't.

I wouldn't be surprised with this type of authorization or whatever it is that is meant to discourage piracy will actually Encourage It!

I can see people requesting anything released on CDs on usenet groups, torrents, ect. so they don't have deal with this problem. Troublesome authorization forces legitimate users to see illegal means of a license they purchased.

Please make some improvements on your authorization.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

New Post
5/6/2007 5:27 AM

You're right on how it currently works. We are working on making it more intuitive by building the licensing retrieval into the Riff Workspace application. So that it works more like Rhapsody, Zune, Napster, iTunes and other content download systems. That should help avoid the confusion.

We use the licensing technology built into Windows which many other music and movie content providers use. We use it, not because it's difficult to circumvent, but because we thought it would cause the least amount of problems. We can change it if necessary, but we are not sure of a better system. We are open to suggestions if you know of any.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
5/7/2007 9:00 AM

Hi Kite,

Thanks for your input. We are trying to protect our work. I don't like all the hard work I put into making these lessons getting ripped off. I don't teach just for fun, I do it to help earn a living. Always trying to make using the Riff Interactive software easier and better for you, the student.

New Post
5/7/2007 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ADMIN:SteveR on 06 May 2007
You're right on how it currently works. We are working on making it more intuitive by building the licensing retrieval into the Riff Workspace application. So that it works more like Rhapsody, Zune, Napster, iTunes and other content download systems. That should help avoid the confusion.

We use the licensing technology built into Windows which many other music and movie content providers use. We use it, not because it's difficult to circumvent, but because we thought it would cause the least amount of problems. We can change it if necessary, but we are not sure of a better system. We are open to suggestions if you know of any.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

You need to have an automated process if I need a reissue of a license. I asked for a license reissue Sat.
(Order Number: 10328) Nothing yet. In a 48 hr. period I could have overhauled a PC and reauthorized all my software by the time orders@riffinteractive responds. That is my complaint:timeliness.

It seems that the DRM technology used involves a computer's IP address. So whatever computer I downloaded it, it must be installed on that one.

I also hope you break away from using Internet Explorer.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

New Post
5/7/2007 12:37 PM

I see order 10328 placed on Sat, but I don't see the request for a reissue. I have reset it now. Send email to 'orders@riffinteractive' for more information and directions.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...My Rant about the new formatMy Rant about the new format

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement