Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...DRM License issueDRM License issue
Previous

Next
New Post
5/20/2007 11:01 AM

I'm all brand new to Riff Interactive, but I liked your demos so I bought one of your packages. I also happened to be doing Windows Update at the time (including upgrading to IE7). In hindsight, now I know you are using Windows DRM on the tool, that may have been an issue. Anyway, the files dont open in Riff Workspace, it tells me (effectively) to go and get myself a licsense... I tried removing and reinstalling Riff Workspace - no joy there - and I tried re downloading the .ria files to see if that will cure it but again no joy, same error. I tried the support page and FAQ page, both of which just gave me blank Error 404 Page missing errors...

I guess I need to have a new license file sent to me. Can you please arrange that for me... it's order 10367 if that helps you to find me.

New Post
5/20/2007 1:10 PM

Support got back to me directly on this, within an hour or so of my email, and on a sunday too. Spectacular work guys. I'm up and running... and what a cool tool you have. (you can pay me later for the rave review )

New Post
5/21/2007 6:47 PM

Quote: In hindsight, now I know you are using Windows DRM on the tool, that may have been an issue. Anyway, the files dont open in Riff Workspace, it tells me (effectively) to go and get myself a licsense...

Sounds like the typical Microsoft DRM-often flawed. It's rare I purchase any music online that has Microsoft's DRM. (wma files) I usually buy from iTunes.

At least you got a response within and hour. I usually have to wait a day. I'd like to see this process of getting another license automated or steer away from having to deal with Microsoft technology.

The only reason I still keep Internet Destroyer on my system is because of Riff Interactive.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

New Post
6/8/2007 8:50 PM

Dan's problem was setting up the license on one computer, but downloading the lesson files to another computer. It has become somewhat of a common problem and we are addressing it in a new version of the RiffWorkspace application.

The solution is to have the lesson download take place from within the RiffWorkspace application. Similar to iTunes, Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, Napster, Zune... and pretty much all music download software.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
8/20/2007 5:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ADMIN:SteveR on 08 June 2007
Dan's problem was setting up the license on one computer, but downloading the lesson files to another computer. It has become somewhat of a common problem and we are addressing it in a new version of the RiffWorkspace application.

The solution is to have the lesson download take place from within the RiffWorkspace application. Similar to iTunes, Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, Napster, Zune... and pretty much all music download software.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Now that would be cool if it had a browser and function like iTunes where you can browse lessons, download and buy.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...DRM License issueDRM License issue

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement