Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...I love the product but...I love the product but...
Previous

Next
New Post
1/16/2009 7:40 AM

First let me say that out of all the learning products I've tried, Riff has the best approach by far. The only problem is that the software is to problematic. Long ago I bought a number of CDs. They were somewhat quirky but they worked well enough and often enough to learn from. Over time service packs and other upgrades came out for Windows, upgrades for IE etc. Now I can't get the CDs to work at all. When I try to do things from the Web it crashes or locks up IE. I love the product. I would buy more of it right now if I could get my problems solved.

Thanks,

Al

New Post
1/18/2009 8:14 PM

Hi Al,

It's difficult to impossible to know what problems will occur with future versions of Windows, which is why the older CDs may not work with current versions of Windows.

Because of this, and other reasons, we now offer downloadable lessons. If there is an incompatibilty with a future version of Windows, we can provide updates to our lessons that can be re-downloaded.

Plus there is no shipping/handling charges and you don't have to wait for them to arrive in the mail.

Send email to 'support@riffinteractive.com' and I can see about getting you downloadable versions of your CDs for free.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
6/20/2009 4:44 PM

I agree - the content, format, and presentation is outstanding. However the GUI only works about 50 percent of the time. If I can get ten minutes of use out of it before it crashes I feel lucky. I'd love to purchase more lessons, but until Riff Interactive develops a reliable GUI, I'll spend my money elsewhere. Which is a shame: I have books, DVDs, CDs, etc and the Riff Interactive is far and away the most useful conceptually, but the implementation is severely lacking. Please provide a reliable platform for your product so I can buy more.

New Post
6/29/2009 1:35 PM

If you are using Windows Vista, make sure you get the latest version of the drivers for your video card (probably either ATI or NVIDIA). We have had this problem and updated video drivers seems to fix it.

However, we should probably "re-do" that part of our program and find a way around problems with old drivers. We are working on updates and enhancements and will try to include such a patch.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
10/3/2009 4:17 AM

Don't know if this thread is still active, but I just tried to use the web-based lessons, and no luck.Using Windows XP, everything up-to-date as far as I know.With Firefox browser, the lessons load, but when I click on the links (riffs or scores) in the left-hand pane, nothing loads into the right-hand pane. I just see a blank fret area in the top-right, and blank controls in the bottom-right (although the name of the riff appears on one of the controls).Wiith Internet Explorer (V8), the program crashes when I try to download the plug-in, or run any lesson.This looks like a great product and the reviews are overwhelimingly positive, but I'm dead in the water. Please help!JS

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...I love the product but...I love the product but...

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement