Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Monthly SubscriptionMonthly Subscription
Previous

Next
New Post
1/19/2005 5:26 PM

I cant imagine why people are trying to avoid buying the CD's. There only about $11.50 with shipping and even if they cost twice that they would be a bargin.

I took 4 yrs of private lessons at $40 a month in the mid 80's. Some of these CD's have months of info if you were to be taught it in a private one on one session.

Dont be so cheap people. This is the best system for learning guitar period.
Besides if your that cheap you can look at the previews.

Maybe for the beginner they aren't so economical. I'd suggest bundling some of the beginner lessons.

saxcop

New Post
1/20/2005 3:02 PM

I have an idea that I think may rectify the CD manufacturing costs as well as cater to those wanting to download lessons. Why not make ISO images of the CD's. Once purchased, the image could be downloaded and written to disc by the user. The end user would have a hard copy of the lessons on CD with the potential of saving us a little money and gaining instant access to the lessons. This would not only get rid of the time it takes to ship the CD's, but it would also eliminate shipping charges.

Just my two cents.

As for the subscription service, I would be very interested. They have two lessons online a week/eight a month. Why not complie those lessons and use that content for the monthly subscription?

John

New Post
1/21/2005 1:20 AM

Hello saxcop,
you're living in US, I'm living in Europe and Customs are very aware about import stuff, they open packaging and they send taxes advices to the client... problems are not about shipping fees but custom taxes ;-)
I continue to believe that secure download is better for us *** Non US people *** :-)
BZ.

New Post
1/21/2005 1:57 AM

I'm in Canada and the duty, customs handling etc. can easily double the cost of a single instructional item.

Steve says international customers are a significant portion of their trade but imagine the boost in sales if we could download ... probably easily cover the cost of extra bandwidth.

New Post
1/21/2005 3:33 AM

Ok bzorglub, I admitt I'm ignorant on Duty issues to other countries. A download and subscription are two different things though.

I do find it hard to believe that a 10 dollar CD is going to cost 20 dollars to send to canada. I have done business on Ebay with canada, Korea, vietnam, austrailia.......so I have some experience.

If we can download private lessons, whats the problem with a full CD. Should be easy, but once again that is a differnet thing than a subscription.

My main point was that I paid a lot of money for private lessons over the years. Hopefully riff will come up with a more economical way for you foreign guys, but at twice the price I'd buy these CD's. I wouldn't mind saving the shipping myself. I could go buy a cup of coffee at starbucks.

saxcop

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Monthly SubscriptionMonthly Subscription

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2020 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement