Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Monthly SubscriptionMonthly Subscription
Previous

Next
New Post
1/21/2005 3:51 AM

Saxcop, anything that comes through Canadian customs automatically gets a $5 charge for handling and the duty on instructional material is very high ... I can't say exactly because after being burned once I haven't ordered anything from the USA for awhile.

I mean I would be happy to explore the idea of burning the C.D.s up here to supply the Canadian market but I'd need some guidance from Riffinteractive to take that on.

New Post
1/25/2005 9:56 AM

Yes, we have had many Canadian customers tell us about the huge tax. Also UK and Brazil.

We have been looking into ways to provide the CDs as a download, but it's proving to be difficult to set up such a system while we still work on other improvements to the web site and software.

Even if we did have a download system ready now, many people still like them on a CD. Our fulfillment company uses a Rimage CD publishing system which is relately inexpensive. If I could find a fulfillment company in Canada or Europe that use the same system, I could easily have them distributed through there.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

New Post
1/25/2005 10:38 AM

Steve, if you don't mind could you ask the representative at your fulfillment company if he can recommend a Canadian company? If not perhaps he could suggest the best way to find one up here ... I don't mind looking into it but a little expert guidance would likely go a long way.

New Post
4/18/2005 11:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by saxcop on 19 January 2005
I cant imagine why people are trying to avoid buying the CD's. There only about $11.50 with shipping and even if they cost twice that they would be a bargin.

I took 4 yrs of private lessons at $40 a month in the mid 80's. Some of these CD's have months of info if you were to be taught it in a private one on one session.

Dont be so cheap people. This is the best system for learning guitar period.
Besides if your that cheap you can look at the previews.

Maybe for the beginner they aren't so economical. I'd suggest bundling some of the beginner lessons.

gary yukich

New Post
4/18/2005 11:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bzorglub on 18 January 2005
Hello to all RI users from France !
I register on this forum in order to ask you a Download formula for all outside US users, DSL access are common everywhere now and it's quite silly to pay taxes/shipping for a 80MB CD...
there are many ways to implement a secure Download process with paypal payment, and so on...
I discovered your lessons recently and I found them amazing !! I talked about that on french guitar forums and I think that customers are here.
Regards.
BZ.

gary yukich

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralRiff Interactiv...Riff Interactiv...Monthly SubscriptionMonthly Subscription

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement