Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSmall Hands - Any guitar suggestions?Small Hands - Any guitar suggestions?
Previous

Next
New Post
9/29/2008 3:27 AM

hey guys, i'm liking this thread very much... here is a link to my myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=416557391

I have amased a large collection of the best small scale guitars on the market. I've always had issues playing large scale and I just had to start a collection! let me know what u think.

New Post
12/13/2008 6:47 PM

Has anyone seen the ESP Kirk Hammett Junior. It's only a 20.5" scale and 22 jumbo frets.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-Kirk-Hammett-Junior-Electric-Guitar?sku=514654

New Post
2/2/2009 1:51 AM

Just thought I'd tell you about another fab guitar.I've just bought a Fender Mustang from 1967, with a neck made in 1966. The scale is 22.5" and the neck has the 'A' (narrow) profile. It's an awesome guitar.

New Post
2/2/2009 4:02 AM

I just got a great guitar that works for small hands.

It's a 1972 Gibson SG Special. It's great for me not because of scale length, but because the strings are closer together than a Stratocaster standard's are. That is, the width of the nut is smaller.

It takes some getting used to because my fingers are used to going to other positions on the stratocaster--- it's kind like if a piano player was playing a new kind of keyboard where the actual keys were THINNER. At first, your fingers would go to the wrong place because that's where you expect the keys to be.

The good thing about this, is that it seems to have increased my speed. The bad thing is when I switch back to my Strat, my fingers are all confused again.

Anyway, here's a stock photo. It's a sweet, sweet guitar. The one I bought sounds absolutely spectacular!

It's the guitar Pete Townshend played.

http://www.thewho.org/sg.htm

-Greg

New Post
6/4/2009 11:54 PM

Okay I'm coming late to this thread and I wanted to contribute.

My hands are distance from line closest to bottom of palm to tip of middle finger is just 19.5 cm.

Finger lengths:
Index: 7.8 cm
Middle: 8.5 cm
Ring: 7.5 cm
Pinky: 6.7 cm

So I too am in the small hand category for a guy.

I have only been playing a short while and even before I bought my guitar, I sought the advice of a great guitar tutor. He helped me find a guitar that I have now had for 18 months - its an American Tele.

The Tele works real well for me, but the most significant thing I have found, is with regular practice (often no more than 10 minutes here and there) I am now able to comfortably stretch 16cm pinky to first finger - not massive - but enough for me to play okay.

All the best,

Monty

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSmall Hands - Any guitar suggestions?Small Hands - Any guitar suggestions?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement