Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentstring height...HELP!string height...HELP!
Previous

Next
New Post
5/29/2004 4:47 PM

hey guys!!...

ok here's the deal... I haven;t played my guitar (jackson dkmgt) for like 6 months (too much work!!), now I'm ready for summer... After a few hours of fun I realized that my guitar is completely out of shape! The strings are new, about perfect on the 1st thru 6th fret, then 7th to 15th the strings are way too high, but If I play the 6th or 5th string on the higher frets (15th-24th)I can hear buzzzzzz coming out!.
First I tried lowering my saddle, that is just giving me more buzz; then I adjusted my truss rod and I saw differences in the middle frets, but not on the higher ones.

WHAT AM I DOiNG WRONG?? is there a combination of steps that need to be done in a specific orderr?

Am I praying to the wrong god?

or is it my diet? too much sodium?

New Post
1/18/2005 3:45 PM

sounds like your neck is compleatly warped... if its too high in the middle. and too low in the upper fretts... then its time for a new neck.... i could be wrong, but take it to a guitar center or sumthing- the should be able to telll you if its fixable or not free of charge

--mike

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentstring height...HELP!string height...HELP!

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement