Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentI have very oil skinI have very oil skin
Previous

Next
New Post
4/15/2006 12:40 PM

I have very oil skin and I have to wipe down my strings alot.I been just using a soft dish towl but my strings still are abit oilly.What can I use to help this iusse.

New Post
8/13/2006 5:02 PM

I sometimes use baby powder on my fingers when I am getting ready to play. They keep both oil and sweat dry. Make sure you use talcum powder, NOT cornstarch--- cornstarch will make a mess, but talc does a good job. Just sprinkle a little on a tabletop then dip the fingertips of your fretting hand in it before you play. Every little while dip your fingers in the talc as you play or practice. It works.

-Greg

New Post
8/14/2006 11:54 AM

Greg,
Thanks Alot for sharing,thats a great idea I will use that.
Now I was told to get a maple neck instead of a rosewood since the rosewood fretbord seem to soak in the oil and the maple    
one is easier to clean is this true?
Or does it depend on the guitar?

Thanks In ADvance
God Bless

New Post
10/29/2006 2:20 AM

Hi Dash--

I have no idea about the oil-soaking difference between a maple and rosewood neck, though it does make sense that the rosewood might soak up more oil (it is a softer more porous wood than maple.)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe someone else knows more?

-greg

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentI have very oil skinI have very oil skin

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement