Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentMidi GuitarMidi Guitar
Previous

Next
New Post
7/15/2004 5:31 AM

Can anyone tell what gear I would need to get into midi synthesized guitar sounds? Suggested gear? price?
thanks guys

Steve

New Post
11/7/2005 10:20 AM

don't get it. it costs like 800 bucks for what? for cheesy synth sounds that u can get out of a crappy 50 dollar keyboard. learn to play keys. one of the benefits of having ur guitar midi enabled is u can play a chord, step on a pedal and while that chord is being held u can play a solo with a guitar sound.

sure so what? it's way too complicated to do it live. i have enough trouble having my distortion and wah wah and I sometimes get confused if i have to switch them on and off.

bulky, ugly unreliable, u have to be extra clear when u play because it tends to interpret all the stuff that u don't pick, but merely put ur finger on the fret.

New Post
11/21/2005 12:51 AM

A Fender Roland-Ready and any Roland GK synth might be best for synth stuff but it's proprietary. The Ibanez/Casio MGs are great, very tonal strat-type guitars. I play one regularly as a straight electric. I have several hard-body electrics, and most listeners prefer the tone and sustain from the Ibanez/Casio MG. They will MIDI up to any synth. However, latency is always a problem. The first critical reply has merit, if not manners. But if you are set on a MIDI electric check out EBay. They have a Mex Fender Roland Ready for about $450 at any given time. There are often MGs as well.

Q

Try to be helpful not just critical.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentMidi GuitarMidi Guitar

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement