Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentPedals for Playing LivePedals for Playing Live
Previous

Next
New Post
11/2/2005 8:42 PM

Currently play with Pod XT which works great for home stuff. Need recommendations for playing live for quick switches between clean and distortion. Musicians playing live, can you please give some advice on some good pedals. Currently looking for a delay and distortion and anything else that could possibly help me out on stage. Thanks for any info you can provide...

Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Fender Deluxe / Tube Amp
PODxt
RP5 Digitech

New Post
11/11/2005 9:58 AM

i stick to the minimal. I have an organge boss distortion pedal that sounds sweet with first knob at 9 o'clock and 2nd knob at 3 o'clock, while volume is all the way to the max. I have a crybaby wah, and a digitech multi effect stomp box to get random effects for various songs. most of the time i dont even use the digitech thing.

I also have an synth-wah pedal that i haven't found good use for. I will use it when i start my band (soon i hope) it sounds very paranoid/trippy similar to pink floyd's "welcome to the machine" stuff.

New Post
11/15/2005 8:22 AM

I have a POD 2.0 + FB4 footswitch and it works fine on live gig.Lots of sounds, easy switching and my back is happy. Today my fender twin and pedals is placed in the studio.
Why dont you get a FBV4 to your POD XT ?

madmike

New Post
12/2/2005 3:42 PM

Hi ...I use a Boss ME-33 multi-effects which like any other multi effects pedal is basically a chain of stomp boxes.
I set up a bank which holds 3 effects and then switch between each patch during a song. this is a a pretty standard setup. try to get a multi effects pedal with an expression pedal for wah and volume etc.
I think the hottest if budget is not a concern is the new Boss GT8 which uses dynamic switching based on picking dynamics! Amazing.Me I stick with Boss!
Hope this helps. Good Luck!

6 strings..24 frets..so little time....

New Post
12/14/2005 5:04 AM

i dont like the multi effect processors for the reason that they sound fake and synthetic. even the feedback that you get with them is high-pitched. distortion/overdrive should be analog. Everything else such as chorus, delay, flanger, etc can be digital.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentPedals for Playing LivePedals for Playing Live

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement