Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSmall Hands-- Guitar Suggestions!!!!Small Hands-- Guitar Suggestions!!!!
Previous

Next
New Post
11/14/2007 7:39 PM

In another thread, about 30 people posted suggestions for guitars they've found that are appropriate for those with small hands. ("Small Hands-Any guitar suggestions?") That thread is very informative, and you should read it!   It talks a lot about various issues people with small hands face playing the guitar.

I read that entire thread, and went ahead and extracted every guitar recommendation made by readers as being appropriate for those with smaller hands. They are assembled by brand name. I haven't personally checked the specs on all of these guitars, so some of them may not actually be that small. However, these are what people posted as being useful.

Here's the list of guitars appropriate for those with smaller hands. If you have any other suggestions, please add them.

Now you can actually print out the list and take it to a guitar shop if you wanted to!

I hope this is helpful...

-Greg
GregBravo1@aol.com

LIST OF GUITARS FOR THOSE WITH SMALL HANDS

Daisy Rock guitars (any of them)
Danelectro 50’s sound reissue
Dean ML Baby
Epiphone “Goth” SG (G-400)
Epiphone Pee Wee or Vee Wee Gibson SG
Epiphone LP Special II
Ernie Ball “AXIS”
ESP LTD EC Range
Fender Bonnie Raitt Signature Strat
Fender “Hello Kitty” Stratocaster
Fender Affinity Class Squier/Affinity Fat Strat
Fender Squier Mini
Fender Stratocaster Jr.
Fender Jaguar
Fender Mustang
Fender Swinger
Fender Jagmaster
Fender Jagmaster Squier
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson “Goddess” line
Gibson “Vixen” Les Paul line
Gibson Les Paul Studio with 60’s neck
Gibson Les Paul Doublecut Plus
Gibson SG
Godin SD with “B neck”
Godin Exit 22
Ibanez Gio Mikro
Ibanez “Wizard”-style neck
Ibanez in general
Jackson in general
OLP Musician Copies
Paul Reed Smith Santana II and Santana III models
Peavey Wolfgang (now discontinued)
Rickenbacker 325
Samick in general
Schechter C-1 Plus
Washburn “Lyon” starter kit

Final option: Get your own neck custom made at www.warmoth.com “Wizard” seems to be the smallest and thinnest.

New Post
3/24/2009 11:57 AM

Unfortunately, the PRS Santana II and PRS Santana III models are now discontinued, although you may be able to get one used. Not sure how the current guitar (PRS Santana MD) works for small handed players.

New Post
3/24/2009 5:11 PM

Thanks a lot! My hands are pretty small as well. My fingers are about the same size as those who have posted their finger measurements.

Of all the guitars you listed, which ones are good for classical/flamenco music? I"d like to buy one and start lessons, so I'd like an inexpensive classical guitar for me to start.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSmall Hands-- Guitar Suggestions!!!!Small Hands-- Guitar Suggestions!!!!

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement