Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSantana´s soundSantana´s sound
Previous

Next
New Post
11/7/2005 10:24 AM

um become gay. dont write any songs, use playing blues fills on top of other people's singing and call it "santana's latest record"

New Post
11/8/2005 3:00 AM

Well, that was rude and disrespectful (prev. post) -
Anyway, the sound your trying to obtain from Europa was through a Mesa Boogie w/ Mark head.

Here's a good link of his setup preferences for the Dumble and Mesa;

http://guitar.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=guitar&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.santana.com%2Fmusicianscorner%2Flayout%2Findex.html

Play on...

Thanks,
Bruce

New Post
12/31/2005 4:20 AM

excuse me dudes,
santana is still using his boogie mark 1. has been since the early 70's. he has also experimented with other boogies (nomad). i would say that the little mark 1 is hangin in there with expensive company; the dumbles. he uses a switcher to switch between the amps sometimes having all 3 on at once.it is well known that he uses his stage setup in the studio.
no wonder he is one of the gods of tone...

Seek Truth for Authority, not Authority for Truth

New Post
1/9/2006 7:28 AM

guys...dont worry about marazm1...he thinks he is better than zak wylde and santana, because he has some meaningless gig once in a while...if you visit his website and listen to his stuff, you'll want to throw up...and his singing...good lord....anyway...i dont know how to make the santana sound...i think you also need an effect pedal to help create that long sustain

New Post
1/23/2006 1:51 PM

Sorry everyone there really is no way to recreate Carlos Santanas sound. He is Carlos and you are you. Just like every great player there is a special sound or feel or attack which only the player can emulate. Larry and all the other great players have their own special sound. After 30 years I found my Tech 21 and My ESP with Dimarzios can get pretty close. No effects mind you. The sustain he gets really comes from his soul and maybe alitte help form some effects but not much. Keep trying and its still lots of fun. Try Coltrane or Bird for some special sounds. Thats what he did. With much love, Bruzzi

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentSantana´s soundSantana´s sound

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement