Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentWhich Guitar??Which Guitar??
Previous

Next
New Post
5/27/2003 2:54 PM

I'm trying to decide between buying an Epiphone Gothic SG Special or a Samick Fastback?? What do you think would be the best choice for rock? I'm also thinking about an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

Frehley

New Post
5/28/2003 5:57 AM

I have been playing a mexican made squier strat for a while. I just picked up a Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker. It has a p-90 single coil pick up instead of a humbucker. It has great action and sounds great too. Costs about $400. You might want to try this before you decide on an epiphone. I believe that Gibson carries a similar Flying V and SG. Go to Guitar Center or another major store and try out all of the guitars in your price range. Make sure you test them on an amp that is similar to yours.

Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker|Mexican Made Squier Strat by Fender for Slide|3 Acoustics|Digitech RPX400 Modeling Processor/Effects|2 Marshal Amps
Rob

New Post
5/28/2003 1:52 PM

Head down to your local music store, plug them in, and try each of them. Don't take anybody's word for it.

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

New Post
5/28/2003 2:07 PM

I tried them while I was down there. I'm going down to the store tomorrow to get the Goth SG, I liked its sound a bit more than the other. It will be even better when I get this for it!!!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030527181441172153237133530725/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/35789

Frehley

New Post
5/28/2003 4:21 PM

My first guitar was a used SG with a broken trem that made the action rediculously high. Nonetheless, it sounded great. Just make sure the action is good.

I saw those prices. I bought my Les Paul from a local dealer, but he matched the price of Musician's Friend, I got a case thrown in and they ate the taxes. That way I was sure of EXACTLY which guitar I was getting and how well it played.

I kinda like the Gibson VooDoo models. I think the SG goes for about $800. (I know twice $400, but...)

Good luck!

Ebony 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard | Guild F4CE Acoustic | BOSS GT-6 | No Amp!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralEquipmentEquipmentWhich Guitar??Which Guitar??

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement