Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralHang-OutHang-OutCD Roms - They’re goneCD Roms - They’re gone
Previous

Next
New Post
7/20/2007 3:30 PM

I was starting a nice collection of Lessons from Riff interactive on Cd rom. You can not buy them any more. Now you have to down load the lessons. It will take my computer 6 to 10 hours to down load. I am bummed. I thought the CD roms were GREAT !!!.

John
www.paperyourwalls.com

New Post
7/24/2007 7:30 AM

Same here. The new format has a few disadvantages to the end user but for the developers it allows them to increase their profit.

6-10 hours for me is better than 5 days thru the mail.

MIM Tele
Washburn I64

New Post
7/24/2007 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by kitekrazy on 24 July 2007
Same here. The new format has a few disadvantages to the end user but for the developers it allows them to increase their profit.

6-10 hours for me is better than 5 days thru the mail.

But a download is not worth as much to me. They don't seem to be any cheaper. Can you burn your own CD from the download (I just upgraded to 8M Virgin broadband, so maybe it'd be OK, as long as I could burn my own CD .... otherwise every time the computer or h/disk packed in, or you bought a new computer, you'd loose all your software!

Brian Robertson,Page,Santana,Clapton,King,King,King,Scott Gorham,Berry,Waters,Hendrix,Kossof,Vai

New Post
7/30/2007 12:18 PM

There is a little money saved by not manufacturing a CD-ROM, but the savings in shipping/handling is given to the customer. Non-US customers (which are a significant portion of our sales) save much more on shipping and import charges. Plus they don't have to wait weeks or months for the package to arrive, if it arrives at all.

If you have a problem with your computer that causes you to lose the lessons, we can reissue them from here and they can be re-downloaded.

Steve Roeder
Riff Interactive

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralHang-OutHang-OutCD Roms - They’re goneCD Roms - They’re gone

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement