Register   Login
  Browse    Private Lessons    Forum
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralHang-OutHang-OutFavourite Guitar Books?Favourite Guitar Books?
Previous

Next
New Post
11/24/2007 10:39 AM

I wondered if of you have a book that you found particularly useful or interesting. I think the one that made the most difference to my playing is this one:

Essential Blues Guitar

It's not perfect. I haven't work through it all as it gets too fast to quickly. However, I found the explanations interesting, clear & concise and the scale diagrams are the best I have seen (and I've looked at A LOT of books and own an excessive number of them - I'm rather addicted to them). It helped me with blues (& rock soloing) and it has one of the few CDs that I regularly play & use for practice.

Brian Robertson,Page,Santana,Clapton,King,King,King,Scott Gorham,Berry,Waters,Hendrix,Kossof,Vai

New Post
11/24/2007 1:02 PM

The above link is for the UK/Europe. Here's one for the same book from Amazon in the USA: Essential Blues Guitar

It's blues with a definite rock attitude. Very cool. Easy read.

Brian Robertson,Page,Santana,Clapton,King,King,King,Scott Gorham,Berry,Waters,Hendrix,Kossof,Vai

New Post
12/23/2007 4:02 AM

Can't believe there are no other guitar book addicts out there. Here is another favourite:
Jam with Carlos Santana

New Post
3/24/2009 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. X on 23 December 2007
Can't believe there are no other guitar book addicts out there. Here is another favourite:
Jam with Carlos Santana

Was this book really true to the exact notation and feel from the Santana hits? I've never tried to learn this way, but do get asked about it as I play in a Santana tribute band.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralHang-OutHang-OutFavourite Guitar Books?Favourite Guitar Books?

Support    About Us    Join the Mailing List    Teachers Wanted
Copyright (c) 2019 Riff Interactive   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement